FCP to iPod

Posted by filmman 
FCP to iPod
December 26, 2009 04:43PM
Hope you all had a marvelous Christmas and a happy Hanukah!

The nicest present I got this year was an iTouch. So I thought: wouldn't it be nice to put all my movies on it and take it to the film markets and show my trailers to distributors on the fly? -- up and down elevators, in taxis, at restaurants (with ketchup dripping on their ties).LOL

I tried to drag some trailer files over to the iTouch, but it didn't work. So I tried converting one into an iPod movie and that worked.

I actually went from the FCP 5.04 timeline and exported via Conversion to iPod format. It turned out to be .m4v However, FCP doesn't show what the settings are. So I though of asking here, what are the settings?

The 15 Gig HDV 83 minute movie THE RED QUEEN became 750 MBs as .m4v file.
It took 8 hours for my G5 OS 10.4.11 and 4 MBs of RAM memory to do the job.

I dragged it onto my iTouch (in iTunes interface) and it went aboard without a hitch, so to speak. It plays beautiful. Is it HiDef? Can't be, right. It's only 740 MBs; but what is it? 320x240? It plays as 16:9.

I'd appreciate some help in figuring out what's the best way to go from FCP 5.04 to the iPod for all my features and trailers. For example, should I use Compressor 2?
Re: FCP to iPod
December 26, 2009 08:09PM
compressor has presets for iPods and iPhones,
so yes, use that.

in compressor's inspector window you will see all the formating details,
and you can tweak them if you choose

nick
Re: FCP to iPod
December 26, 2009 08:37PM
Thanks, Nick. I appreciate that.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics