exporting to mpeg2 from old compressor (audio and video on single file)

Posted by danieltobonr 
exporting to mpeg2 from old compressor (audio and video on single file)
April 16, 2010 04:15PM
I need to export a 30 minutes video to mpeg2 in a single file... i mean i need it audio and video together in a mpeg2 file, i heard the newest versions of compressor have a preset called MPEG-2 Program Stream which work like that, but I have a iMac G5 PowerPc OS X 10.3.9, FCP HD 4.5, Compressor 1.2.1, so I don' know if there is a better way to get the file a need...

I need that file because the broadcasting network where I sendin my videos is asking me for my videos on files, not on DVD's, the way I used to send my works. I thinking of AVI or something else that play in HQ on PC and adobe premiere pro on windows... they work on that there...
Re: exporting to mpeg2 from old compressor (audio and video on single file)
April 16, 2010 04:16PM
Upgrade your FCP to FCP 6 and use ProRes. It works on all computers with the latest version of quicktime installed.

www.strypesinpost.com
April 16, 2010 04:33PM
There are really two questions there. If you just need a file of some kind, then Strypes' answer is the correct one. But if you really do need an MPEG-2 program stream, then ancient Compressor might be able to do that. I haven't touched that version in years, but check the settings options. I know at one time, you could output a program stream from Compressor no problem, there just wasn't a built-in preset for it.

Really, though: Upgrade your system. There's simply no excuse for a professional editor to be running a six-year-old version of Final Cut Pro. The version 6 upgrade added too many must-have features.

April 16, 2010 05:01PM
I believe it was in FCP 5 that you get program stream.

www.strypesinpost.com
April 16, 2010 05:04PM
thank you my friend, i tried to update it but the computer got so slow and unable to work with... and about the time of the machine and system... it isn't a excuse, but i' writing from venezuela, here the apple computer are extremely expensive...
April 16, 2010 05:11PM
Well yeah. It's an iMac, for cryin' out loud.

It's a poor craftsman who blames his tools, and all that, but come on.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics