newbie: converting flash file to .mov or .avi file based on specific specs

Posted by Choc_123 
newbie: converting flash file to .mov or .avi file based on specific specs
April 22, 2010 09:14AM
Hi,
I'm actually new to flash and video editing and have been asked to convert a flash file (which has dimensions of 1280x540) to a .mov or .avi file to be used on an LCD screen, but there are specific specs that I've been given.

Video must be a minimum resolution of 720 x 540. It will be resampled to 1280x540 and it should be a progressive video, square pixel (1:1) and supplied in .mpeg2 or uncompressed .mov format.

So, I thought all I would have to do is 'export movie' from flash and change the settings in the "quicktime settings" dialog box. Automatically, there's a checkbox for "maintain aspect ratio", even though I have no idea how to make sure the aspect ratio is 1:1, and there is no "compression type" option for .mpeg2, (which is what the specs call for) only .mpeg-4 video. I took a look at one of the other compression types...the 'uncompressed 10-bit' option has a ratio of: 4:2:2, which Im assuming I can't use. And...how do I make sure it's 'progressive video'?

Basically, I want to make sure I'm exporting or converting my file from flash, to match the specs that I was given. Does anyone know how I can do this?

I apologize in advance for all the stupid questions....like I said, I'm new to this. If anyone can help me, I would really appreciate it!
Re: newbie: converting flash file to .mov or .avi file based on specific specs
April 23, 2010 12:34AM
I'm going to move this to the compression forum where you might get more useful hits.

April 26, 2010 12:30AM
You should download MPEG Streamclip and Perian.

Perian allows quicktime to open flash files, and MPEG streamclip is a fantastic (FREE) tool to open and convert files. I use this combination all the time to pull video clips off YouTube :p

Let me know if you need more help!
May 19, 2010 09:40AM
Thank you..I appreciate it! I'll download it and see if I have more questions. Thanks again!

T
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics