n00b question on batching many segments from a single fcp timeline

Posted by Anonymous User 
using compressor 3 and fcp 6 here.

i have archival imagery on a final cut timeline that i need to break down into elements.
what i was intending to do is to mark an in/out, then use 'export using compressor' to
send each marked segment to be batched in compressor. i haven't gotten this to work
as i'd have expected, though.

when i export each segment, it comes up in a new batch in compressor rather than in
the batch from the preceding export. if i try to copy the exported segment from one
batch to the original batch, compressor winds up exporting the entire timeline instead
of the marked area.

if i leave each segment in its own batch, i have to hit the submit button many times to
get them all started processing. would be great to have them all in the same batch so
i could just hit the button once.

could someone point me at how to do this?

to sum up the procedure, i'd like to:

1. mark in/out in a sequence
2. send that to compressor for batch export
3. repeat 1 and 2 until i've worked through the timeline
4. submit all of the exports for processing together

and, lastly, can i repeat the above procedure adding segments from not just a single
timeline, but also from timelines from multiple projects. ideally, i'd like to export many
projects' timelines this way, and process them all together.

thanks,
BabaG
Re: n00b question on batching many segments from a single fcp timeline
April 28, 2010 02:13PM
Don't export using Compressor. Export a SCQT movie an batch with it. In fact, batch export SCQT movies from FCP and batch encode it in Compressor.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics