Really Need Help! Exporting HDV movie to H.264
June 05, 2010 02:34AM
I'm pulling my hair out at this point. I edited an HDV project with the latest version of FCP and I need to export it so that I can import it onto a PC running adobe encore where the menu is already made.

So I've gone up to File - Export - Quicktime movie and I've tried different settings and Encore won't recognize any of them. It says I don't have the right codec. The funny thing is even Quicktime on my Mac wouldn't play most of the exports I made.

Then I tried File - Export - Quictime Conversion and selected the intermediate codec for 1080i and then made the settings for H.264. Quicktime recognized this on the mac but not on the PC. And of course Encore didn't know what to do with it.

Can someone please give me some good settings to export this HDV project so I can import it to Encore without any compatibility problems? Much appreciated!!

Don
Re: Really Need Help! Exporting HDV movie to H.264
June 05, 2010 06:20AM
Sounds like the version of Quicktime you have on your PC is ancient. Update it to the current version, then use ProRes 422 as your intermediate format.

June 06, 2010 01:24AM
Thanks for the response Jeff. I'm using quicktime pro version 7.6.6 It's the latest version. On my PC when I try to open the new files I created in ProRes 422 (LT) 1440x1080 I get an error message that says Error 2048 - Quicktime could not open the file because it is not a file that quicktime understands.

I'm guessing this is why it won't work in Encore because apparently the QT codec isn't working on my computer or something. any ideas would by helpful.

Thanks!

Don
June 06, 2010 03:28AM
Just an update:

I opened the new ProRes files on another PC in quicktime and it seems to work. so something is corrupt.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics