4:3 anamorphic PAL 720x540 to SD-DV Conversion

Posted by Carpboy 
4:3 anamorphic PAL 720x540 to SD-DV Conversion
October 12, 2010 01:01PM
Okay here's a curious situation.

I have a sponsor who delivered a 16:9 video in a Quicktime-PAL 720x540 4:3 Anamorphic file.

...it appears as letterboxed 16:9 when displayed in 4:3, however appears stretched when displayed in 16:9, so is it really anamorphic?

...the problem is I can't import a PAL file into my NTSC DVDSP project and I can't convert straight to DV 720x480 in Compressor because it squashes the existing 16:9 image.

any suggestions?
Re: 4:3 anamorphic PAL 720x540 to SD-DV Conversion
October 25, 2010 08:58PM
Have you tried selecting the Geometry tab in Compressor, going to the "Output Image Inset (Padding)" section and setting Padding to "Preserve source aspect ratio"?

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
Re: 4:3 anamorphic PAL 720x540 to SD-DV Conversion
October 26, 2010 02:08PM
>16:9 video in a Quicktime-PAL 720x540 4:3 Anamorphic

You would want check the specs and rephrase that. Firstly, figure out exactly what is in the source file, and if you need to, convert the footage in Compressor or send it through a hardware converter, or Graeme Nattress' Standards Converter.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics