Quite a Few Suggestions

Posted by fink1976 
Quite a Few Suggestions
November 30, 2006 08:14AM
Ok, First post, got quite a few suggestions

* Complete overhaul of the browser using spotlight.

there are a number of really positive ways this could be used.

A proper way to search the browser and effects (Command-F is a waste of time) Just a simple spotlight search in the browser window.

Also, smart bins. I want to see the most recently added clips. all images, all audio files, keyword specific files. For big projects it's easy to get lost sometimes. I know there are ways to do this at the moment, but they are counter-intuitive.

I think a play in browser function is not too bad an idea, just make it like the preview in the column view in finder.

*Be able to designate a "drop box" in finder. So that if any new files are placed in the folder they are loaded into the browser accordingly, without having to go looking for them.

*Rulers & guides for the canvas window - Exactly the same as in motion and DVDSP

*Be able to edit text right in the canvas window, without having to go to the controls panel

*More title safe templates, open it up to broadcasters, I would like to see BBC title safe zones right in the canvas without needing to overlay a PSD.

*Show portions of clips that have been already used in the scrubber bar in the viewer. Say by greying out the segments that have been used. Use an option-click or something to be taken to where that clip is used in the sequence.

*Make the motion & effects tab available in a floating dashboard, the same as motion.

*composite mode available in paste attributes

*Ditch Livetype. It has always been a limited application and it would be better if most of its features were rolled into FCP and leave the more complex stuff to motion.

*Media manager as a standalone app - A drag and drop interface where you can collect media attributed not just to FCP projects, but also Motion, Soundtrack and DVD SP. Just drag the project or sequence into the app and let it do the rest.
Re: Quite a Few Suggestions
November 30, 2006 08:41AM
"*Ditch Livetype. It has always been a limited application and it would be better if most of its features were rolled into FCP and leave the more complex stuff to motion."

I have to disagree with that one. LiveType is a great application for text generation, extremely powerful, and purely for motion graphics, not compositing, is in many ways superior to Motion. I especially like the ability to embed LT projects inside Motion and then put the whole thing inside FCP for final compositing over background video.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics