TC of Clip to auto-sync to TC of Sequence

Posted by Francois-Michel 
TC of Clip to auto-sync to TC of Sequence
August 29, 2008 04:21AM
An option that when selected, every time you put a clip in a sequence, the clip would sync himself with the TC of the timeline wich would have been TC pre-seted.

I did a lot of cam sync to make multiclips, and when you have 35 to 40 clips by tape its really a long process to put clips at the right place for CAM A than B Than C than do the multiclips. So if this option could exist, imagin how quick it would be.

Find the earliest TC of the 3 CAMS, set the TC of the timeline than put the clips in it that would place themself at the right TC, than do the multiclips. Dont have to check every Multiclips to make sure they are in sync and with the right group.
Re: TC of Clip to auto-sync to TC of Sequence
August 29, 2008 04:38AM
First make sure the timeline start time matches the start timecode of your clips. Do this in sequence settings>timeline options. Next, set your in and out points for the clip in the viewer. Move to the in point in the viewer. Option drag the current timecode in the viewer to the current time display in the timeline or canvas. That will move the timeline playhead to the match point in the timeline window. Edit in your clip.
August 29, 2008 04:26AM
Isn't that what Make Multiclip Sequence does FM?
August 29, 2008 06:58PM
Well i didnt knew the OPTION-drag TC. but for the rest thats pretty much what my workflow is.
But thx, i guess it will be a bit quicker with the option drag TC
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics