FXScript

Posted by Alex4D 
FXScript
January 13, 2009 03:28PM
Although it'll probably be replaced in the next version, I hope that FXScript is updated so that you can set values for user interface elements directly if need be.

For example, I've just created a plugin that rotates a matte using an angle control. Rotating the matte changes the positions for the control points, but there isn't a way of updating the values of the point controls.

Also, it would be good to have extensions to create audio filter plugins.

How about finding a way to use XCode to create plugins - some sort of debugger would be a great help.

alex4d on twitter, facebook, .wordpress.com + .com
Re: FXScript
January 14, 2009 07:47AM
Hey Alex

As you know, XCode is the development environment for creating FxPlug plugins for FCP and Motion, and also used to create the Audio Unit plugins that function within FCP. For a simplified interface for creating FxPlugs we have third party solutions such as FxFactory Pro from Noise Industries. I would love to see Apple license and ship FxFactory Pro with future Final Cut Studio releases ... now that would be a really cool move.

Cheers
Andy
Re: FXScript
January 16, 2009 05:55PM
Andy, I'm not much of a C* programmer. Scripting is fine by me. I would like FXScript to be extended a bit to give me more access to Final Cut Studio's internals. I'd like to use XCode to test and set variables by hand while plugins are running, especially image buffers that I've declared. Is it as simple as FXScript to set up a variable that holds an image?

If Automator's development environment could support FXScript, and FXScript could fire off AppleScripts, I might investigate the wider world of scripting the Mac.

...it's like Userland Frontier all over again!

As regards FxFactory, I'd be surprised if Apple didn't disintermediate Noise Industries by producing a revised and extended version of Quartz Compositor combined with elements of Shake for Final Cut Studio 3.

alex4d on twitter, facebook, .wordpress.com + .com
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics