The perfect workflow

Posted by metalheart 
The perfect workflow
December 30, 2012 05:24PM
Hi everyone.

I'm relatively new to FCP X and new to the forum as well! In fact, I might even call myself a N00b editor.

So, my question to all the good people on this forum is this:

- How does one get started on developing their own workflows? How can one learn?
- Is there such a thing as a perfect workflow? A workflow that ensures least amount of glitches.

It would be great if someone could suggest a personally tried-and-tested workflow that they have been using for some time now. Or some resources where one could get insights on how to effectively save time on doing mundane things.

For eg. I am working on a documentary about Theatre in Colleges across the United States. Now, we have a lot of unorganized clips that were shot by multiple people using multiple cameras (NOT A MULTICAM - just different clips and different cameras) - all files in .MOV format. The workflow that I have been using as of now, is pretty inefficient and very slow. I just go through the clips, find the footage, use the mouse to select and fine-tune the timing etc. and make something out of it.

I really want to learn a better way to manage future edits and any information would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
Re: The perfect workflow
December 31, 2012 02:46AM
Hi , to get you started, you should sign up for at least a 7 day trial at Lynda.com and check out these two titles:

Documentary Editing With Final Cut Pro X

Effective Storytelling With Final Cut Pro X

Also check out this MacBreak Studio Episode

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics