X is here (also new Motion and Compressor)

Posted by Nick Meyers 
Re: X is here (also new Motion and Compressor)
June 21, 2011 11:45AM
so what I am getting here is that there is
NO tape support
NO XML export
NO DUAL SCREEN EDITING
NO Final Output quality to my video monitor? (not 100% apple)

I skimmed through the users manual and yeah there are some nice features for the wedding guys but what do I tell my client who is paying hundreds an hour to see what their stuff is really going to look like on tv?

-D
June 21, 2011 11:46AM
No EDL's...? No XMLs?... whaaaa?? At the moment it just feels like a skeleton of FCP7!!
June 21, 2011 11:54AM
No it feels like a more expensive version of imovie..
yeah it has some wow that is kinda neat features and a few time savers but I don't cut videos of the kids to post on facebook for a living.
-D
June 21, 2011 12:17PM
No dual-screen editing -- for sure?

June 21, 2011 01:50PM
And the other two user guides-

Motion 5

Compressor 4

- Loren

Today's Media Composer keytip:
Loop Play In to Out with Control-6 (Alt-6 in Windows)

The Media Composer 3.x KeyGuide?: your power placemat.
Now available at
www.neotrondesign.com
June 21, 2011 01:57PM
Everything you need to know about FCP X
!!!!EVERYTHING!!!!

ak
Sleeplings, AWAKE!
June 21, 2011 02:10PM

Everything you need to know about FCP X
!!!!EVERYTHING!!!!

Phew, glad they have taken the time to address some of the questions people might have about such a new bit of software, i was kinda confused til i read through it...
June 21, 2011 02:19PM
No updated Help Guides for:

Color
Soundtrack Pro
DVD Studio Pro

!!

- Loren

Today's FCP 7 keytip:
Temporarily mix down audio tracks with Command-Option - R !

Your Final Cut Studio KeyGuide? Power Pack
with FCP7 KeyGuide --
now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
June 21, 2011 02:27PM
Jeff Harrell Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Pretty sure your Mac still has to be authenticated
> to your Apple ID, Strypes. No idea for sure,
> though.

It does, however the biggest flaw with the App Store is that all of the applications use the same anti-piracy system. So if you crack one, you can crack them all. I'm fully expecting a pirated version of FCPX to pop up by the end of the day because it's so easy to crack Mac App Store apps. That's one of the many reasons why I don't submit my apps to it.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
June 21, 2011 02:38PM
Agh. For the moment, this new architecture is utterly confusing to me. Projects used to be the King window. Now it's just a container for your cuts. The new King window is the "Events" collectionof imported media-- unless of course you refer to the "Project Library" window, which holds all your projects. Use clips in Events in any project. Hey ho. Nurse? Grapefruit.

- Loren

Today's FCP 7 keytip:
Temporarily mix down audio tracks with Command-Option - R !

Your Final Cut Studio KeyGuide? Power Pack
with FCP7 KeyGuide --
now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
June 21, 2011 03:23PM
No XML Export (AAF Boris and Auto Duck to Avid? not yet?)

No way (at least not obvious) to control where you put render files and raw video -puts it all in Movies folder on main hard drive (no portability from one machine to another)

Video out for real world monitor color correction (nothing obviously there unless someone's seen it)

Arrange audio tracks for export to audio finishing program (can't find it)

Real time keyframing of audio (no mixer to be found)
June 21, 2011 05:00PM
Apple still has a lot of work to do. I am not happy or excited especially after reading these articles.

[www.digitalrebellion.com]

[www.digitalrebellion.com]

What do you guys think? If you are going to make this a pro app. You need to cater to the pros! Can't believe there is no xml's, no omf's, no edl's, can't spread your screen over two monitors. Stuck with just the standard view. Really not cool.
June 21, 2011 05:04PM
I updated the FAQ to correct a mistake - you can display the events tab or viewer on a second monitor but those are the only customization options available.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
June 21, 2011 06:19PM
Woo woo. Tell all your friends.

... and it still can't export Flash. What a joke.
June 21, 2011 06:25PM
I have to say, Apple really has some nerve to push everyone out of the NAB event, put on a dog an pony show, create all this hype and under deliver. I know that this is just version 1 of FCP X. But I think they are way too premature to put something like this out and say that it is still for professionals.

This makes just as much sense as saying "Sure we can fly our plane, it is a great ride smooth ride in the air. Moves fast and feels very comfortable. HOWEVER you wont be able to land the plane because we don't have landing gear, but come on board and buy a ticket."

What worries me is that they are doing one of two things. Releasing a program that really is not ready to be released. Or they are not catering to the professionals who make a living off their programs. I guess we will still have to wait and see.

Jeff
June 21, 2011 06:54PM
Unfortunately, I think the key here is to never again make your LIVING off Apple-branded programs.

They've made the strategic decision to be a consumer company. For serious stuff, it's time to go back to Adobe, Avid, Discreet, etc... companies whose business model is purely for professionals.

I'm kind of bummed, but this move really makes sense for Apple as a company. Can't fault 'em.
June 21, 2011 10:43PM
The good news is you can import from other applications like imovie and iphoto sad smiley
June 21, 2011 11:20PM
I hoped to find more encouraging words about FCPX. What I just read from early buyers at the App Store don't look good either. Since its announcement at NAB, I was afraid that X was a attempt to fix something that wasn't broken. Or a deliberate move to go after the vast consumer market and dump professional users.
The X definitely breaks away from FCP. What are we supposed to do with archived projects, filters, peripherals and other things that we've used for years with FCP upgrades?
The new interface is eye unfriendly: too dark, cluttered, and confusing to doing real work.
The X may well be another, long-overdue, of the Apple blunders.
Michael Horton, please keep the real FCP forum going!

Alberto
June 22, 2011 09:40AM
Guys - FCP 7 works great - just continue to use it while all the early adopters beta test FCP X until it works the way you want it. With the flurry of activity displayed on this forum, you can bet there will be an update to FCP X within 30 days.
June 22, 2011 10:41AM
I knew it. Is my "crap" reference applicable now?

they didn't make FCPX for big time studios or heavily active freelancers. They made this for people who have a hobby. No Multi....... really? what were they thinking? ...... oh.....i know..... the consumer market is more money. Apple has forgotten where they came from.

Sure you guys may disagree with my premise or style of delivery, but you know that this is a "shower container" move on apple's part. Its Vegas now.

Production Premium & Avid is gonna own the market now.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics