AJA cards ARE compatible with Final Cut Pro X...BUT there are RECOMMENDATIONS...MUST READ...

Posted by grafixjoe 
AJA cards ARE compatible with Final Cut Pro X...BUT there are RECOMMENDATIONS...MUST READ...
June 21, 2011 11:06PM
Hello Guys,

Yes once again, a Mac user's best friend, AJA, comes through with yet another solution - AJA KONA X Beta Driver:

[www.aja.com]

No tape I/O you say? Meet AJA VTR EXCHANGE (a free download from AJA for AJA card holders - included with the above AJA KONA X Beta Driver):

Now it's not all sunshine & roses...there are a few suggestions from AJA to stay issue-free...

You may run into issues with your FCP7 AJA drivers if you install FCPX on the same boot drive. This is taken directly from AJA regarding installing on the same boot drive as FCP7:

You may want to use Final Cut Pro X right away, but you are likely to have some
projects that you are still working on using a previous version of Final Cut Pro. AJA
recommends that instead of installing Final Cut Pro X alongside your current version
of Final Cut Pro, you create a new boot drive for your computer with a clean Snow
Leopard OS install, then install Final Cut Pro X to this alternate boot drive. This way,
you can continue to work on your older version of Final Cut Pro with your AJA
products as you have been and begin to work on the new Final Cut Pro X with the
AJA KONA X Beta drivers. This will give you the most flexibility if you find you need to
use the older or newer version of Final Cut Pro.

REQUIRED READING for all AJA users:

[www.aja.com]

I will be doing tons of research going forward and reporting back with whatever I find.

DON'T PANIC

BREATHE

EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

Thanks Joey! More good info for my Kona 3 card.
And you did notice that the output from Final Cut Pro is an extended Desktop that give you "preview" mode viewing. In other words, no confidence video output from Final Cut Pro at this time. You will be looking at another computer image sent out to your reference monitor.

And if you have a dual computer screen setup, one of those screens will go blank while you use your external display. Nice that AJA was able to get this band aid up and running, but not all that useful at this time.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
biscardicreative.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics