Dual monitors

Posted by strypes 
Dual monitors
June 28, 2011 03:06AM
Does anyone have screen shots of FCP X on a dual monitor setup? How customizable is it?

www.strypesinpost.com
Re: Dual monitors
June 28, 2011 03:11AM
It's not customizable at all Strypes. You are basically moving the Event browser or the Viewer to a separate screen ... the one that moves frees up GUI space on the primary screen for the one that doesn't.
June 28, 2011 05:48AM
Thanks, Andy. Yea, I haven't hooked it up to a 2nd monitor yet, and I heard someone mentioning that it works on dual monitors. Dang. I liked that feature.

www.strypesinpost.com
June 28, 2011 11:54AM
I like having the Event Browser on my 2nd monitor. Being in Filmstrip view and bringing the resolution to 1/2s allows for some very fine skimming but it feels odd skimming on one monitor but looking at the Viewer on the other.
Anonymous User
June 28, 2011 12:52PM
i have a four monitor setup with fcp 6. i put the canvas on a big, wall-mounted screen
above three lower screens for the desktop. i put the viewer and audio mixer on the
lower left screen, the timeline on the middle screen, and the browser on the right
screen. this hardware architecture has served me well for a long time for both picture
editing in osx with fcp and audio mixing on w7 with my audio software arranged in a
very similar arrangement: picture above, timeline center, peripheral on the sides.

how close to this working arrangement can i come with fcx?

thanks,
BabaG
June 28, 2011 02:14PM
Currently Event Browser OR Viewer can go to a second monitor.
FCPX only has a context sensitive Viewer. There's no Viewer and Canvas.
There's no audio mixer either although many excellent AU plugins from Logic.
I can speculate there'll be more features as time goes on but it would be just that, speculation.
July 04, 2011 09:35AM
Heres an arrangement for you:

July 04, 2011 09:42AM
Cool!!

All the best,

Tom
July 04, 2011 10:15AM
That works! Thanks, Andy!

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics