Single side trim while seeing both outgoing frame and incoming frame in Canvas/Viewer

Posted by strypes 
Single side trim while seeing both outgoing frame and incoming frame in Canvas/Viewer
July 04, 2011 04:12PM
I'm trying to use the single side trim tool (aka ripple edit). Is there a way see the in and out points in the viewer? And while we're at it, is it possible to turn the filmstrip icon view in the timeline into a single or dual thumbnail preview? Film strip view is cool, it's fancy, but I cannot see my cuts.

www.strypesinpost.com
Re: Single side trim while seeing both outgoing frame and incoming frame in Canvas/Viewer
July 04, 2011 04:15PM
Tick

Prefs>Editing>Show detailled trimming feedback

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
Re: Single side trim while seeing both outgoing frame and incoming frame in Canvas/Viewer
July 04, 2011 08:43PM
The options for changing the view in the timeline are on the bottom right of the timeline. Not on a copy right now so i can't tell you what the options are.

July 05, 2011 01:48AM
Yea, I saw that, but I couldn't get the option i wanted. Not sure exactly what they are (not that I'm not near my laptop with FCP X, but I don't want to fire it up without my external drive connected, as I cannot reconnect media later), what I saw was that one option totally removes film strip, the other options control the size of the audio waveform and icons.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics