Graphically Enhanced Manual for FCP X

Posted by Edgar_Rothermich 
Graphically Enhanced Manual for FCP X
August 09, 2011 07:12PM
I'm new to this forum, having watched it as a by stander but never enganged in any discussion. Now in the wake of the FCP X excitement (aka turmoil), I wanted the FCP professionals point to my own manual that I wrote for the new FCP X with a special focus on the details of the different concepts and workflows in the new version. I created many manuals for Logic Pro in the past and applied the same concept of using a graphically rich layout with diagrams and screenshots to explain in detail what the built-in user manual won?t.

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals

I know that his kind of post is considered advertisement and not frowned upon in some forums but I think my manual could help some new FCP X users to understand the new concepts a little bit better, so it is for helping the community (for a small fee). It is self published and not through a big commercial publisher. Please check it out and see if it is something that can help you to make the transition and warm up to Apple?s shiny new (and highly controversial) product.

Thanks for your interest.

Edgar Rothermich
(MacPro 8core, 16GM RAM, Fireface800, Euphonix MC Control, Logic Pro, FCPx)
www.DingDingMusic.com
Re: Graphically Enhanced Manual for FCP X
August 09, 2011 08:09PM
Hi Edgar. Thanks for doing this. I might suggest you allow us to zoom in on the screen shots so they are readable and give us a bit more of a preview of the book.

Michael Horton
-------------------
August 09, 2011 10:34PM
Is this Apple sanctioned?

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

August 09, 2011 11:10PM
Michael Horton Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I might suggest
> you allow us to zoom in on the screen shots

Couldn't get the zoom to work, but you can click on the image now and it opens in a bigger size on a separate page.

Edgar Rothermich
www.DingDingMusic.com
August 09, 2011 11:12PM
grafixjoe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is this Apple sanctioned?

"Nope", this is my own manual

Edgar Rothermich
www.DingDingMusic.com
August 10, 2011 02:48AM
Edgar,

A real achievement. Really clear explanations and graphics and at the price you are selling it for, a real bargain.

It would have been useful to have had this publication on day one.

Definitely something I would recommend for a beginner. However not a lot to learn for experienced editors who have been working with FCP X since its launch.

For me this is a great format and at the moment fills the gap between the FCP X documentation and the ponderous video based material.

I look forward to the advanced version you are working on.

It's faster to use than the video based training packages which are painfully slow and because of the wide audience they are aiming for, total beginners through to pro editors, really boring for the experienced editor.

From next month Peachpit Press will be publishing some very comprehensive FCP X training packages by authors such as Diana Weynand and Michael Wohl. They are also publishing a Final Cut Pro X Quick Reference Guide by Brendan Boykin.

Have you approached Peachpit Press ?
August 15, 2011 04:47AM
Nice work, Edgar.
it looks very clear and easy to understand.
and for $2, who can complain?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics