Re-install FCPX

Posted by Fleming44 
Re-install FCPX
September 21, 2011 05:43AM
I can't upgrade FCPX to 10.0.1 and the reason is that I get a message that it's installed but not purchased from Mac App store ??????????????
How can one install FCPX without going to the App store? Apple doesn't know. They advised to remove it and re-install FCPX.
Now my question: will I keep my work I made so far? And personally I doubt that I can re-install it from the App store because that message that it's not bought via the App store.
I got a mail from Apple with an order number.
Re: Re-install FCPX
September 21, 2011 07:33AM
Trashing the app will not effect your work. Does the app appeared in the purchased page of the App Store? If yes trash it and reinstall.

All the best,

Tom
September 21, 2011 08:02AM
I had the exact same issue.

I used the FCS Remover from Digital Rebellion to remove only FCPX and all the associated FCPX receipts and prefs then reinstalled from the App store.

[www.digitalrebellion.com]

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
September 21, 2011 09:53AM
Just put FCPX in the trash then install the the new one from app store, clunky yes but apple will fix some time.

Derek
September 21, 2011 12:42PM
I did what members here told. I trashed the App end installed FCPX again from the App Store. It's 10.0.1 now. Thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics