Changing Fonts

Posted by TonySyr 
Changing Fonts
September 25, 2011 12:54AM
Posted this before. Don't know why it was removed. Since upgrading to 10.0.1 fonts are changing after I close new project and reopen it. Helvetic Bold becomes Helvetica Oblique. Tried it about ten times and some titles always change. Just upgraded to Lion tonight and that didn't fix it. Made another project and same thing. Could they have a bug this bad????
Re: Changing Fonts
September 25, 2011 01:43AM
Cannot reproduce this behavior. Which title are you using?

All the best,

Tom
September 25, 2011 02:38AM
Your old thread wasn't removed. It's here:
[www.lafcpug.org]

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
September 25, 2011 04:33AM
It continues to happen with the titles called "centered" and with the "Comic Book" called fade. Have about 15 projects started before 10.0.1 and they seem to be ok. Updated on Wednesday when it became available. The other thing that has happened is one title has disappeared after it was saved and it now just says "Title" and "Subtitle yet the words that were in the title still show in the purple bar above the clip. Is there anyway to remove just the 10.0.1 upgrade because nothing like this happened before I went to 10.0.1. What worries me is what else is not being saved correctly although I haven't noticed anything else corrupted. The problem does not appear unless you quit FCPX. Found this problem after the power went out and the Mac Pro shut down when I wasn't using it, but I can recreate the problem every time I just quit FCPX. The other strange thing is that I mentioned previously is that when you open the projects after quitting and restarting FCPX is that it is rerendering all the titles when you reopen those projects. Also had one title that has gone back to the default position on the screen after it had been pulled down and stayed in that position until I closed the project, quit FCPX and relaunched FCPX. I guess it isn't earth shattering as I can burn the work to Blu-ray before I quit FCPX, but it sure is unnerving since FCPX has worked perfectly for my needs after over coming a couple of quirks in learning the program. I noticed one thread on the Apple help blogs about certain fonts aren't available for some titles, but I have gone back and tried the default fonts and the same thing happens.
September 25, 2011 05:14AM
The problem you're seeing with titles resetting was reported in the first version by a number of people. I have not been able to make it happen or seen the font reset problem on the machines I've worked with. You might try trashing your prefs and see if that helps.

All the best,

Tom
September 25, 2011 09:12AM
Thanks for the suggestion. Tried that and it didn't help. They changed how to get to the library in Lion which turned into another run around to find it. Interesting that all Projects created prior to 10.0.1 are still ok. Wish I didn't download this upgrade because it is nothing but TROUBLE. Let's see if anyone else has some ideas. Have been up all night. Going to get some rest
September 25, 2011 10:42AM
A little for info. If after quitting FCPX and reopening you see the render bar over a title, you know that one will be messed up. Can have a couple that stay good and another that goes bad every time. Just can't figure out why one will go bad over and over even if it is the same format of another one over a nearby clip in the same format that stays good. Just has to be an explanation to this.
September 26, 2011 06:38PM
Here is something interesting. If you open these completed video projects directly from the hard drive and not in FCPX, they are fine with all of the titles intact. You only have a problem if you reopen after you quit FCPX. I guess you just want to be sure your done before quiting FCPX, but it is sure a pain if you want to go back and alter that project.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics