Video/audio and music clips stuck together by "claw"?

Posted by gcoffelt 
Video/audio and music clips stuck together by "claw"?
July 22, 2012 09:27PM
I have been editing as a hobby since FCP 4.5 was available, and have been on 10 since about a month after its release, and never .. ever have I had this problem. Even after making dozens of videos on version x, I've never seen this.

I have an mp3 track beneath the video/audio as always, but this time around there are little "claws" from each and every video clip "stuck" to the mp3 track beneath. If the mp3 gets deleted, in turn, all the video gets deleted. Transitions such as cross dissolve do not work. Looking back at previous projects this is backwards, where the mp3 track appears with the little "claw" at its start, to the video clip above, and that is all.

I have my whole project finished, and went back through to add transitions when I noticed the problem. If it can't be solved, it all has to be scrapped and started all over again .. which sucks, because this was particularly intricate with dozens of 8-frame-length clips synchronized to the mp3 track .. not really looking forward to doing it all over again.

[i2.photobucket.com] - how it usually is

[i2.photobucket.com] - the problem this time

If anybody can offer some insight as to what the bleep is going on here, would be greatly appreciated!

(Note, I'm aware I'm editing a video to Vanilla Ice. It's for the sake of sheer hilarity, no seriousness involved.)
Re: Video/audio and music clips stuck together by "claw"?
July 24, 2012 05:16PM
Just off the top of my head, have you tried replacing with a GAP clip or moving the audio off the primary storyline. If you think about it there's a few ways of doing this.

Cross dissolves work fine on connected clips. If they abut they become a secondary story line.

Are you sure you're on the current version of FCPX which 10.0.5?

It's time you get one of the the available tutorials. You can start with the very extensive FREE one from Izzy Video and more to either Ripple Training (my preference) or Larry Jordan's tutorial.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics