Sharing Problems

Posted by nlittrell 
Sharing Problems
January 25, 2013 10:27AM
hi:

i'm working on a sequence shot in both AVCH and h.264 and am also integrating some tiff files. when i try to export out the sequence i get this message, "this item cannot be shared while it is still referencing media on the camera."

so...i wrote about this in my last post in this forum a few days ago re. the full harddisk: when i originally attempted to import the AVCHD footage, my harddisk was almost full so i was not able to optimize. i don't know if i'm working with proxy media or the original media in the actual project. i think the original? is there a way to tell?

anyways, every time i open the project sequence, the thumbnail image in the timeline says "missing camera." so i go to the import window and when i open up the ext. harddrive the media is stored on it reconnects and i get the "live" image of the thumbnail.

anyways, i tried re-importing this footage--to complete the original process. it seemed to do that yesterday. but now when i try to share, i'm getting that message. i've even gotten that message with the H.264 footage that was fully imported and optimized.

what's going on? what to do?

thanks!

nicolle
Re: Sharing Problems
January 25, 2013 10:29AM
and oh yeah, rendering for this sequence is taking FOREVER! not something that usually happens. it appears to be rendering transitions and tiff files. i think the AVCHD footage is good.

nicolle
January 25, 2013 11:30AM
The media hasn't been imported properly because of the overly full drive most likely. Use the reimport from camera function in the file menu.

You select using original/optimized in the playback preferences.

There is almost no point in using proxy media with AVCHD originals.

All the best,

Tom
January 25, 2013 11:31AM
Again probably because the drive is too full and getting very fragmented. There should be a minimum of 10% free space on a drive used for production.

All the best,

Tom
January 25, 2013 12:53PM
thanks for your response tom--i ended up figuring this out.

i'd like to move my fcp x event and project folders to an external harddrive--at present the files are accounting for most of the fill on my harddisk. any tips for streamlining that process--and making sure that everything works?

should i do it right in FC or move from my computer to the ext. drive?

nicolle
January 25, 2013 01:13PM
Do anything you have to do inside FCP. Use the move or duplicate functions in the application. Do not do anything with the application folders or media at the Finder level.

All the best,

Tom
April 26, 2013 09:56AM
hi:

so, i finally have moved my event and project files to an external harddrive. i did it within FCP X and amazingly, it looks like everything worked, is where it needs to be and is properly linked. however, when i look at the media files in the events folder, i'm noticing that original media and transcoded media files have an (id) after them. what does this mean? is it something to be concerned about?

thanks for your help!

nicolle
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics