Can't import ProRes with 26 audio tracks into FCP7

Posted by bryanstephens 
Can't import ProRes with 26 audio tracks into FCP7
February 06, 2013 01:32PM
I'm attempting to import a ProRes HQ with 26 channels of audio into FCP7 but it fails everytime. I can work around this by extracting tracks I need via QT but this just adds more time to my work. Is there a limit (24 channels?) of how many audio tracks FCP can import at once?

Thanks for your help.

Bryan
Re: Can't import ProRes with 26 audio tracks into FCP7
February 06, 2013 01:53PM
I can't find any reference to an audio track limit on QT files. Doesn't mean there isn't one. What was the software that created the file?

If this is within your systems capabilities, copy the file, open it up in QT7, delete 2 audio channels, save it. Do that until it can be imported into FCP7 without crashing. I would even consider deleting all the audio and importing the video only to ensure that there isn't a problem with the video.

It's not a reference QT is it? just checking.

Curious, what are the track sources? 5.1, stereo, M&E and what else?

ak
Sleeplings, AWAKE!
February 06, 2013 02:35PM
The file was created in FCP. I have assigned one of my techs to delete audio tracks until import is achieved but that is low on their priority list. This is not a ref QT.

The tracks are LT RT stereo, 5.1, 7.1, M&E, alternate languages, etc.
February 06, 2013 11:38PM
Are they discrete QuickTime audio tracks (i.e. 27 tracks) or is it a single multichannel track with 27 channels (i.e. 1 track)? You can tell this in QuickTime Player 7 or QT Edit.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics