Capturing M2TS in FCP X

Posted by limakid 
Capturing M2TS in FCP X
February 01, 2015 01:50PM
Hi:
I got the sony camera NXCAM FS700. I am making tests to be familiar, exploring several workflows.

1. First time I saw the option to record in 1080/60p. It's stated as the highest quality setting to record (PS). So, does it give the film look like in 1080/24p? However in 24p shows like lower quality (1080/14p FX). It's the 3rd. level of quality (not the best). So, if I want to make "film look" and good quality is ok to record in 1080/60p?

2. Capturing in FCP X. How true is that FCP X captures *m2ts natively? If I don't check the option "Optimize media", it is supposed to capture in m2ts native, right? but it seems that No. When imported I see the videos in the Original Video folder like *mov files, when should be *m2ts if captured natively. Anybody can explain me this, please?

3. In the properties inspector, I can not see the data rate of the videos. So, I don't know if they were captured at 28Mbps (expected if I record at 1080/60p) or 13Mbps or just 3Mbps. This data rate was visible in FCP 7.Why is it not in FCP X?

4. Or I always need the Panasonic software to do this? I am trying this but still... I just see the m2ts files IN the memory card, but always need to be encoded by the Apple Pro Res. And if I am going to encode with Apple Pro Res, FCP X can do it without any additional software, right? My concern is if I can work directly with m2ts files!

Orientations, please. Thanks a lot.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics