The Real Shaolin Documentary- LA FCP Editor Wanted

Posted by hanguolaohu 
The Real Shaolin Documentary- LA FCP Editor Wanted
December 04, 2006 09:38PM
Editor wanted for a documentary feature entitled ?The Real Shaolin?. ?The Real Shaolin? is a documentary about 4 people who journey to the Shaolin Temple in China to learn the secrets of Kungfu. In the course of rigorous training their fantasies about martial arts collide with harsh reality, and only one will complete the journey of living the Shaolin dream.

?The Real Shaolin? recently participated in the 2006 IFP Market Documentary Works-in-progress section and received widespread interest from many theatrical distributors. ?The Real Shaolin? also recently participated in the first ever IFP Documentary Rough Cut Lab.

Editor must be in the LA area and have own Mac with Final Cut Pro HD or above. Must have experience with feature length documentaries and have a solid understanding of FCP. Understanding of Mandarin is a plus. Work begins in December. Footage is logged, captured and ready to be cut. Project has financing and pay is negotiable.

Please e-mail Alexander at:
hanguolaohu-rs (?at? symbol) yahoo.com

Please include a 1 page resume, a brief reason why this documentary interests you, and basic system specs.
Re: The Real Shaolin Documentary- LA FCP Editor Wanted
January 02, 2007 11:12PM
This sounds like a COOL documentary!!
I'm not in the LA area and i've only made short films (http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Igglenut1980)
I've been watching martial arts movies since I was 7 (back in the day when you could watch Return of the dragon 4 times and never leave the theater and when enter the dragon was NEVER shown)
This doc of yours is a cool idea meshing what everyone thinks of martial arts and what the reality is.
I use a Powerbook 17" Alum to edit with an ext Lacie drive (250GB Porsche)
I've been using FCP for about 2yrs. Before that I used FCE, Premiere, a VCR+camcorder...

GOOD LUCK!!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics