Color Correction & Mastering

Posted by srmorris1 
Color Correction & Mastering
January 05, 2009 01:40PM
Hi,

I am just finishing work on my first feature and I am looking for a good/affordable colorist and a place to master the movie.

The project was shot in DVCProHD and edited in FCP. There will be a 5.1 mix. I do have some money in the budget but we are far from operating on a big budget.

This is my first HD 5.1 feature and I'd love to talk to someone about the process.

Thanks
Re: Color Correction & Mastering
January 05, 2009 10:45PM
email me as I can mos def help you out with this. Miklos - miklos(at)miklosphilips.com
====
see my post in this section:

I use Apple COLOR and Final Cut Studio 2. I have used various color grading tools for the last 10 years. Coming from cinematography and photography I have become quite an expert at it, have a keen eye and an artistic flare for grading. I have graded commercials, narrative films, corporate videos and music videos.

Most recently, I have just finished grading an HD feature film ?Clear Lake, WI? (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1164090) and a Music Video shot on RED, a 2K HD short film project shot on the SI-2K (

and a feature documentary for Swiss & German TV (http://www.charliehadenfilm.com).

I have a top-of-the-line system: a Mac Pro Quad Core 3 GHz and a calibrated Broadcast HD monitor. At the end of the day it?s extremely important that what you se is what you get. A lot of people don?t have properly calibrated HD monitors.

I can take RED footage edited with proxies and using Crimson & RedCine (in conjunction with FCP & COLOR and transcoding to ProRez) I can access the original 4K camera files and output a 1080P ProRez HQ master for you.

The difference in quality from camera originals to the finished project can be stunning.

I can ingest just about any finished project and have FCS 2 and Adobe CS4 Master Coll. I can output to just about any format you wish including encoding for the web (Flash, H264, MPEG4, etc.)

Also available: Blu-Ray authoring and burning, including testing on a Sony PS3 Blue Ray playback system.

Please email about quotes for your project with your project details. Serious inquiries please.

For out-of-towners: I can take delivery of your project on a shipped drive, do the grading with samples sent to you while in progress and then send you the final master on your drive back.

Contact me at: miklos(at)miklosphilips.com

Samples here:[colorist.miklosphilips.info]
Company credits on IMDB: [www.imdb.com]

I can also take all major credit cards for a 2.75% surcharge.

I'm in Venice, CA (Los Angeles)

keywords: Los Angeles colorist, colorist using Apple Color, Colorist in Los Angeles, Appple Color Colorist, Color grading, color grade, color correct, color correcting, Blu-Ray DVD Authoring in Los Angeles, Blu-Ray DVD writing, special effects compositing, green screen compositing
January 08, 2009 02:37AM
Hello,

Interested in speaking with you about your project, I have Final Cut Studio based facility in Studio City using Apple Color that I have delivered several Long and short form films on (Film and RED, Viper) and also have Assimilate Scratch room available for work suitable for 2k delivery. You can check Robert S. Douglas on www.imdb.com for past projects. Feel free to contact me for resume, reel, and references.
Yours,
Robert S. Douglas
January 22, 2009 03:23PM
Hey,

If you're still looking for a colorist, email me at david.gott@yahoo.com.

I'm a freelance colorist with a broadcast quality color correction bay. I use Apple Color and have affordable rates. You can also check out my website [gottcolor.com] for more info and examples of my work.

Best,
David
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics