opening project files with both CC and CS6 installed

Posted by Joe Riggs 
opening project files with both CC and CS6 installed
August 18, 2014 06:12PM
Hi,

I have CC and CS6 on the same machine, when I open a CS6 project file, it defaults to opening

in CC, however, I would like my CS6 projects to default to open with CS6. (projects that I started in CS6, I want to remain on CS6).

I've tried setting it to "always open" with CS6, but that seems

to only be a temporary fix, it does not keep that setting and

after sometime in will open with CC again.

Any way to permanently open a CS6 file in CS6, even

though you have CC installed as well?

Thanks
Re: opening project files with both CC and CS6 installed
August 19, 2014 07:12AM
You could always right click it and select 'Open With - CS6' when you wanted them to open. I think the default behavior is for the system to look for the most updated version to run the project.

August 19, 2014 10:28AM
I've only used "always open with" for short durations, but is there any reason you don't want to upgrade the project file structure?

Another way is to launch the app and open the project from the recent project list. That is kind of how Avid editors tend to work. Not better, just different.

www.strypesinpost.com
August 19, 2014 11:04AM
Hi Joe,
You're correct about this. I'll look into this. In the mean time, you can open the project file from within that version of Premiere Pro.

Thanks,
Kevin
August 20, 2014 09:29PM
As mentioned in my original post, I used 'Open With - CS6', but my Mac that doesn't seem to retain that setting,
I believe it resets it once I turn the system off after work.

The reason why I want to open them in CS6, is I want to keep my CS6 project files in that version of Premiere, I have no interest in moving a CS6 project to CC.

I could be mistaken but from my understanding, even in 7.2.2, there are still issues with RED footage, pluraleyes, and merge clips, these 3 things and how they work together, are essential to my workflow.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics