Cjromakeyer problems

Posted by Tom Wolsky 
Cjromakeyer problems
September 05, 2003 10:49PM
These from Todd DeBonis. Sound familiar to anyone?

Here's THREE possible bugs in FCP 4 that have made life difficult (these do not happen with the same projects in FCP 3...)

BUG #1 Constant Chromakey Crash. When you have a chromakey layer with various filters applied (411 smoother, Chromakey, matt choker, Gamma correction, maybe BCC drop shadow) --to various clips, clicking on said various clips to make necessary adjustments will immediately crash FCP. Often, you can adjust only one clip. Clicking on another to make adjustments will crash the program. So, you make an adjustment, save the timeline, click on another -- program crashes, relaunch the program and make adjustments on the next clip, etc, etc ---- this isn't a way to work.

BUG #2 Transitions between clips that lay on any track below a clip that is a chromakey layer --whether these transitions that are added later in the edit, or simply adjusted --will not update or render unless the chromakeyed video layer above is selected and some (usually ! unwanted) adjustment made to the chromakeyed clip. Otherwise the timeline ignores the fact that you added a transition to any video below the chromakeyed laye and will not render that transition.

BUG #3 Changes made below a chromakey layer will not update. Modifying or replacing any still pics or video below a Chromkeyed layer that has already rendered, the new underlying video or still pic changes often will not take effect, update or even show on the display unless (again) the above chromkey layer is targeted and some minor aspect (motion, filter, )is adjusted. Only then will the timeline display update and show the newly substituted video or still pix.

As I mentioned-- none of these problems ever presented themselves in FCP 3.

This happens with the APPLE FCP Chromakey filter set as well as the BORIS Continuum and RED 2.5 filter sets. (Boris has duplicated these errors and is investigating with repsect to their filters...)

Any feedback (especially fr! om APPLE ) is requested.

regards

TODD
I can't replicate these
September 06, 2003 12:52PM
#1 confuses me, where is he applying all those filters, to a single clip or multiple clips. Wording is confusing. Tried what I think he is saying and it works fine for me with the same four filters applied in (I assume) the same order.

#2 and #3 work OK for me. Is it intermittant? Admittedly I haven't used CK extensively since the FCP4 update. Maybe that's lucky for me ;0)
Re: Cjromakeyer problems
September 07, 2003 08:31AM
Haven't been able to reproduce any of these problems on fcp 4.0.2, OSX 10.2.6 and QT 6.3.

Wonder how Todd can be sure it is the FCP chr.key that is causing the problem with all those filters applied.
Can't reproduce
September 07, 2003 09:18AM
System: 1: QS DP1GHZ, 1 GB, Radeon 8500
SW: MAC OS 10.2.6, QT 6.3, FCP 4.0.2

Can't reproduce either report.

I seem to recall I have experienced similar display bugs in 4.0, on clips applied with certain after effect plug ins (Re:vision Deinterlace), where I had to make the clip unrendered by dragging the opacity down and back, for it to update in the canvas. so this might be related to the system and the After FX plug in parser. But this is a guess and I can't back it up by any proofs.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics