Media Manager Mess

Posted by Lasse 
Media Manager Mess
September 06, 2003 04:16PM
Hi everyone,

I had some major problems using the Media Manager feature in FCP4.0, but now the whole thing is gone mad after the update to FCP 4.0.2

The following problems occur over and over again using the MM:

a) Files cannot be copied. The MM tries to, I get an "error 13" or "error 14" message, and twenty percent of my files go offline in a newly created project (created by the MM). I have to relink or even recapture them separatly.

b) Opacity level (video clips) and audio levels (audio clips) are changed at will. Suddenly, whole clips which contained transitions or an opacity less that 100% are changed into opacity 0%, new strange keyframes are added. Same with audio: keyframes, audio levels at -x dB. What the...?

c) "Media Usage" calculations given by the MM are completely wrong. MM says 3 GB are needed, the newly created project needs 7.5 GB. Can have something to do with the fact the MM includes Render Files at will, even if the checkbox "Include Render Files" is NOT checked.

Is there anyone who knows about workarounds other than "Just don't use this f******g feature"?

Best regards,

Lasse
Re: Media Manager Mess
September 06, 2003 07:02PM

Is there anyone who knows about workarounds other than "Just don't use this f******g feature"?

I haven't seen anything like 1, 2, or 3, and I've done enough MM in 4.0.2 now that I would be seeing it, if it were the general case. If you want to post this in the Bug Report forum, you'll have to post very specific info about what your media is, is the sequence updated from FCP 3 or created in 4, what *exact* MM steps you are taking are, etc.

We try to isolate bugs here, and need very specific info. Numbered steps work really well.

--Ralph
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics