Split edits not working correctly

Posted by Tom Wolsky 
Split edits not working correctly
September 09, 2003 04:35PM
I have a clip in the timeline on V1 and audio on a1a2.

I open a shot into the viewer and mark up a split edit, audio in first, video in later, video out, and then audio out later still.

I reset the destination tracks in the sequence to V1 and a3a4.

I drag the clip to the timeline with snapping active. I butt the video portion of the clip against the video in the timeline. The outline displays correctly with the split audio on a3a4.

I drop the clip and it shoots off down the timeline, butt the split audio to the end of the video portion of the clip, though it does put the material on the correct tracks.

This does not happen in v3.0.4, where the clip is placed correctly, butted against the other clip in the timeline with the audio portion overlapping on a3a4.

All the best,

Tom
Same thing happens to me Tom. When i drop the clip, the audio tracks scoot down the TL to line up with the wherever the video track was lined up to. Clearly a bug, for drag and drop.

It would be "as designed" if you were doing it as a three point edit and had an In point in the TL for the video cut. But I can't see any justification for this to happen in drag-drop.

--Ralph
Yes, the same thing happens here.

Audio in of source jumps to where you drop the video for the split.

Nick
Yep, I'm seeing exactly what you, Ralph and Nick are describing.

Peter
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics