2:3:3:2 advanced pulldown just plain doesn't work in FCP 4.0.2

Posted by Bill Macomber 
This is a disaster to me, as I bought FCP 4 for a project that needs to edit in 23.98p. When you digitize footage in, it stays at 29.97. It plays fine, but my client wants to finish to film with a 24p project...

The most annoying thing about this is that everybody stays that 4.0.1 had no problem -- but you can't get 4.0.1 because the updates are all automatic now! Thumbs down on that.

I am a very experienced FCP editor and I know pretty much without a doubt that there are no tricky workarounds. I'm running a dual 1.25 mirror door G4, with internal scsi's and a Kona card and the footage is coming from a DSR-11. The footage was shot on the Panasonic 24p SD camera in Advanced mode.

BTW, Dr Rawstock (where I bought FCP) is bailing me out by renting me a cheap system. Good folk.
Thanks for the report Bill. Since this is a Bug Report forum, can you re-post. with some more detail about the particular steps you are taking, the *actual* specific results you are getting that are wrong, vs the *expected* results.

Bug report forums work a little different than regular forums. What we really need are the exact steps you are going through, so that somebody else with FCP 4.0.2 and similar source footage can repeat your steps and confirm that the same problem happens to them.

BTW, would Cinema Tools be a possible workaround?

Thanks,

--Ralph
choose 2:2:2:4 and it actully adds a 3:2
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics