Spacebar doesn't stop playing immediately

Posted by John Burgan 
I've only recently upgraded to 4.0.2. We're not talking here about the external signal delay over firewire but when I hit the space bar it can take 15 frames or more for the picture to stop in both the canvas & external monitor. It's not keyboard related.

I've never experienced this before in FCP. It's got to be a bug, and an annoying one at that.

G4500/10.2.6/FCP 4.0.2/1024Mb RAM/QT6.3
Just updated to 4.02 today, and I havent experinced that yet.
Tried a couple of different projects of varying comlexity.
One Offline RT based, one DV based.

Does it happen all the time for you, or on more complex sections?

Nick
Also:
Is it just the space bar, or do you get the same delay with JKL, and marking in/outs ?

Nick
Depending on project complexity, I sometimes experience this sluggishness. It is not consistent but I can confirm it.

- Loren
Today's FCP4 keytip:
To resize all video or audio tracks:
press Option and drag any divider!

FCP4 KeyGuide? now available at
www.neotrondesign.com
This happens to me pretty regularly too with the spacebar and with JKL. It drives me nuts, so I can confirm it too.
Yeah, me too. At least on a G5. It happens when I get a lot of green Preview showing in the the Timeline, from speed effects, and from moves on large 2k still images. The TL responsiveness bogs down to an intolerably slow pace.

Of course, FCP 4 on a G5 is not yet qualified, and probably won't be until Panther is out. So we'll have to revisit this on a G5 once they ship a version that is qualified.

--Ralph
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics