Ripple-Cut In-to-Out is strange

Posted by Ralph Fairweather 
This can't be correct. When I set In and Out points and do a Ripple-cut (Shift-X) and then an Insert-paste (Shift-V) or an Overwrite-paste (Cmd-V), FCP pastes a nest of what I cut, rather than the the actual clip(s).

1. Insert a simple A/V clip into Sequence 1. I'm using native DV.

2. Set In and out points in sequence TL.

3. Ripple-delete with Shift-X

4. Paste with Cmd-V or Shift-V

RESULT: A nested sequence is pasted in, and plays the correct content. But Dbl-click to open the nest and you have the *entire content* of Sequence 1, still with the In-Out points you set, no less.

EXPECTED: The actual clips I cut would be pasted in, with no nesting, just like when I use Ripple-cut with selected clips, rather than with TL In-Outs set.
Yeah, I get the same behaviour.

DV and Offline RT.

Cant imagine it's suposed to be like that

FWIW: Simple Cut (Apple X) doesn't re-paste as a nest.

Nick
I supose you've noticed that the nest had the same name as the sequnce it's in... in this case "Sequnce 1"
That's dangerous.
No new nest apears in the browser
When you double click on the nest, another "Sequnce 1" opens, with the origianl in and out points.
I copied what was between the in and out and pasted back in the first "Sequnce 1" over the top of the nest, and the newly opened "Sequnce 1" tab disapeared from the TL.
The disapearing trick makes some sort of sense, I suppose.

This could be some sort of workaround, too, I supose, but if this is better:

Apple C
Shift Delete
Paste

(assuming the area you want to cut/paste is not defined by cuts, and therefore not selectable with a lasso)

Cheers,
Nick
Re: Ripple-Cut In-to-Out is strange
September 20, 2003 11:51PM
This is not new beahvior. FCP3 was the same for sure. I don't have 2 any longer to check how far back it goes. I/O in the sequence would create a sequence nest. To cut clips out you have to either select the clips or use the horrid range tool.

All the best,

Tom
Goes back to 1.2 as far as I can tell.
It's not in 1.0, as that didnt even have Shift X.

It's stil a bug, though.
It's serves no purpose I can see, and would be better if it was fixed.

Nick
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics