FCP 4.02 Random Crashes on Duel G5

Posted by Matt Worley 
FCP 4.02 Random Crashes on Duel G5
September 30, 2003 12:31AM
Ok, here is the issue
I just got my G5 Duel 2gig, I have only instsalled FCP 4 and have upgraded to 4.02. It randomly crashes on me. It will either just close unexpectedly or give a warning that says unexpected error. This is very frustrating. I need help.
Examples:
It crashes when I move Clips
It Crashes out of nowhere
It only crashes FCP

THANKS!
You need to post this in Cafe LA. Only until you've exhausted all potential cures and can isolate the possible bug, can you post in here. This despite the fact that many users of the G5 seem to be experiencing a similar problem. We also have to understand FCP has not been qualified for the G5 as of this moment so its hard to make a big stink about it....yet.

Thanks

Mike
I am having the same problem on my dual gig G4. Only the crashes are regular.

George
You need to post this in the Cafe George, not here.

Take a look at the rules for posting here.

[www.lafcpug.org]

mike
And REPAIR PERMISSIONS while you're over there! <G>

- Loren
Today's FCP4 keytip:
To record audio keyframes on the fly:
Command-Shift-K !

FCP4 KeyGuide? reveals ALL the power!
Now available at
www.neotrondesign.com
Macintouch is reporting today:

A MacInTouch reader in Spain reports Apple acknowledging RAM defects responsible for Power Mac G5 freezes:

I've read with interest some reports of your readers suffering freezes in their G5 after upgrading memory. I don't know if this could be related, but European Apple Care sent a message to distribution channels letting them know that the first G5s sold in Europe were provided with defective memory modules, which worked properly but produced freezes and kernel panics in the machine when new memory modules were installed. They gave the serial numbers of the affected machines and the reference of the defective memory modules.

[www.macintouch.com]

mike
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics