Log and capture - video freezes as tc rolls on

Posted by Doug Lindeman 
if the video frame on the DV deck is out of sync with the video frame viewed in the log and capture window I have to close and re- start (re-initialize) the log and capture window to get the video in the DV deck to be displayed in the l&c window in sync again. Otherwise, the video in the l&c window stays frozen on the last frame captured.
The controls continue to work (play, ff, rew, pause) and , interestingly, the tc on the l&c window stays in sync with the tc on the DV deck.
I did a few test captures of clips added to the bin (offline) with this. I eventually get a permanent beach ball and have to force quit / re-start.
This most recently occured when I was doing a "l&c - now" on a clip and then, without closing the l&c window, I played the clip in the timeline to check it. I then resumed playing the source tape in the DV deck (controlled via the l&c window) and the tape played in the deck with concurrent tc presented in the l&c window but the l&c video window remained on the last frame captured.
This has happened frequently in the past but my haze cleared enough today for me to think about submitting it as a bug.
Anyone else have this happen?

I'm on a 1.42 dp g4, OS 10.2.8, QT 6.3, FCP 4.0.2
BTW, the situation most commonly occurs when FCP l&c has been active but for whatever reason the system went to sleep and I've re-activate the system.
Jon
Log & Capture Freezing
January 29, 2004 07:12AM
Has anyone had any trouble with the video displayed in the window freezing once 'capture now' has been pressed? This is capturing through a standard digi-box coming from vhs.

Re: Log & Capture Freezing
January 29, 2004 11:10AM
Jon-
Please advise re: your system and set-up, OK?
(FCP version, processor, RAM, Mac OS, etc.)

Doug
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics