Corrputed Sequence

Posted by Matt Barber 
Corrputed Sequence
October 27, 2003 04:04PM
I'm going along making my edits, living in happy land. All of a sudden, I can't do a ripple-delete. I make my in and out points but nothing is highlited. I even made sure that no other clip was selected in the sequence. THis seems to happen to me at least twice a day. The only thing that solves it is to create a new sequence and copy-paste the sequence content over. Has anyone else had this issue?

Shaggy
Re: Corrputed Sequence
October 27, 2003 04:37PM
btw...

Final Cut Pro 4.0.1
QT 6.3

G5 1.8 Ghz
2Gb Ram
October 27, 2003 08:23PM
Matt,

Next time you have this problem check your "Selcted" tracks.
Track selection is indicated by the new little "grey cross" on the left of the timelone.
You need to have all selected, or all unselected for a ripple delete to work.

Apple 1-9 select V1-9
Option 1-9 select A1-9

Apple 0 select/deselect V-all
Option 0 select/deselect A-all

Option click on a track selct buton to "solo".

Hope that's it,
Nick
October 28, 2003 03:34PM
I wish it were that simple. Unfortunately, that wasn't the problem. Any other thoughts?

Matt

here's a similar thread:

[discussions.info.apple.com]
October 28, 2003 04:28PM
I think I have *maybe* seen something like this, but who knows. I get weird behavior of ripple deletes from time-to-time, that has nothing to do with the autoselect choices.

At this point, I see so many intermittent anomolies in 4.0.2 that I've given up trying to keep track or figure them out. Seems clear 4.0 - 4.0.2 have been public betas, and it doesn't make much sense to me to worry much more until we get the next major update for Panther, becuae many things will be fixed. And of course, a few new things broken :-)...

--Ralph
October 29, 2003 10:49AM
Now I remember I had that problem in a project I'd started in FCP3.
(That and other problems)

Is this an FCP3 sequnce you've updated to FCP4?
Or maybe FCP3 captured Media?

Nick
October 29, 2003 11:04AM
Naw. This was several projects native to FCP 4. My point is, FCP 4.0 to 4.0.2 is so buggy, with small like odd bugs, it seems like a waste of time now to try to isolate bugs. The next release will change everything.

--ralph
October 29, 2003 03:02PM
I heard a rumor that 4.1 is coming out next week.
November 10, 2003 09:56PM
Matt, I've had that intermittent problem as well. My work around is a little easier than copying a sequence. When I lose the selection ability, and my ripple delete won't function, I can still lift (APPLE+X) the edit out and close the gap (CTL-G). After that, I typically get my ripple deletes back. Don't ask me why.

Andy

PS: On occasion, toggling the auto-selects (APPLE+0) a couple of times works too, but not always.
November 15, 2003 07:42PM
When I get anomalies like this, I do a project save, I quit out, reboot the machine and load up FCP again. Weird sticky behavior crops up after intensive work when a lot of events are stored in the Undo cache and the like. I often find a complete restart clears out the weirdos.

I would always recommend trying that first when odd behavior appears.

- Loren
Today's FCP4 keytip:
To record audio keyframes on the fly:
Command-Shift-K !

FCP4 KeyGuide? reveals ALL the power!
Now available at
www.neotrondesign.com
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics