AJA I/O has no support for 24P

Posted by Ben Rock 
AJA I/O has no support for 24P
December 05, 2003 11:26AM
That's right, if you shoot a project in 24P and want to editi in as such, do not use the AJA I/O. It doesn't support it currently.

Anyone with a workaround, I'm all ears!
Re: AJA I/O has no support for 24P
December 05, 2003 08:25PM
That can't be right.
Re: AJA I/O has no support for 24P
December 06, 2003 11:37AM
Let me explain further:

We were going to lay a project to tape a project that had been shot in DVCPro 50 on dual 1 gHz system with the I/O.

The footage had been imported at 29.97 and a 2/3 extraction was done in Cinematools. All the media was saved on a SCSI RAID.

The computer could play the footage just fine (watching it on the screen), but its output to a deck or a monitor would always get aborted.

The deck was configured as per Panasonic's reccomendations, and ultimately we found that the process worked better mastering the project from firewire 400 drives (which I found hard to believe, but it worked). Obviously, you can only do that with a deck that has the firewire card (ours did), but it went FAR more smoothly than doing it through the AJA.

Supposedly, AJA is working on drivers. If anyone can correct me I'd greatly appreciate it (not that it matters much because we've already done the layoff).

Ben
Yes we learned that they don't actually support 24p contrary to their brochure statement. We had to output using the 24psf (segmented frame) setting on the Panasonic D5 deck.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics