timeline bug?

Posted by Tony Donaldson 
timeline bug?
December 24, 2003 03:44AM
I searched and didn't find anything on this here, and one person on the other forum suggested I post this:

Just installed FCP 4.1.1 on my desktop (G4/733/1GB RAM/10.3.2). I'm doing a sequence in OfflineRT, and I can't seem to figure out how to get audio to drop in properly. Actually, audio and video only go in if I drop both onto the audio track, otherwise I get video only. And if I drag the audio, it takes both video and audio, with two seconds of audio handles on either side hanging out.

Also, in the viewer window, the video sliders are there, but audio is greyed out.

Can anyone else repeat this?
Re: timeline bug?
December 24, 2003 04:15AM
Could you be a little bit more specific please.
Where do you start the drag and drop from? Viewer, browser, desktop?
Do you use in and out marks?
How many audiochannels are in the clip?
What are destination track and Auto Select set to?

I haven't been able to repeat the problem on my system, but a few more directions would help.

All the best - Peter
I can conform this. (I was the other person)
The problem is with Clips BATCH CAPTURED into the BROWSER with HANDLES
I noticed it on DV PAL material
And have seen it reported elswhere.

Open a clip like this (BATCH CAPTURED into the BROWSER with HANDLES) into the viewer.
What you would expect are simple in and out point defining the handles.
What I get is in and outs defining a split edit, VIDEO ONLY.
(I dont get greyed out oudio, just NO audio in/outs)
An F10 overwrite edit results in the video only going to the timeline, even if audio tracks are enabled as targets.
Drag to canvas has same result.
Drag from viewer or timeline also has same result UNLESS you drag all the way to the audio tracks.
Then you get a split clip, with the video being the logged clip, and the audio including the handles.

This seems to be normal behaviour for split edits (I confess, I never make them, so dont really know, but when I mark other V only splits, I get this behaviour, too)

This is a problem, as it is quite common to batch capture with handles, then drag to the timeline, often a whole bin.

The quickest WORKAROUND I can think of is to clear the in/outs in the browser, but then the handles are included, so disolves are a problem.
Apart from that, you could:
Drag bin to canvas, and get V only sequnce of clips.
Starting at the fisrt clip, do a series of F (to matchframe) F10 to overwrite, till you get all the clips with V +2A.
If you want the clips in the browser, drag the clips to a new bin.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics