"Bugs" - What versions to upgrade to?

Posted by ADI 
ADI
"Bugs" - What versions to upgrade to?
January 21, 2004 11:55AM
Hi there!

This will be a long one...

I am running FCP 4.0.2 on a G4 Dual 1.42 Ghz with 1 Gig of Ram. OS is 10.2.8. QT is 6.3, with a Targa Cinewave 4 RT pro 4.0.2 and a medea VideoRaid of 720GB (I think that includes it all?)

Bugs that I have encounterd so far:

1. Sudden loss of Audio when playing.
2. Sudden loss of Audio when doing Edit to Tape.
3. Audio suddenly sounds distorted at random times.
4. Autosave only works for a few hours... and comes back to life after rebooting (with or without Auto Render).
5. And yes I do get the Twirling Beach ball of death a few times a day!
6. Media Managment issues... When I do Make an off line and then batch on hi-res, the clips don't seem to reconnect to the exact frame. (I know I have been doing it right on FCP 3 cause the onlining was flawless) Is there a different way to do it in FCP 4?
7. When I go to change the frame duration on an effect in the browser, no matter how many frames I type in, it goes to ONE frame and when i do it again it does take the new duration.
8. FCP Quits without a warning.

I think we got a good start here!?!

My BIG question is: What do I need to upgrade to on my system and on FCP? I did read Larry Jordans "When Good Apps Go Wrong" but also read that some OS version are not very strong nor stable with FCP 4. What would be my best choice to get a stable, strong and HAPPY system?

Appreciate your prompt help in the mattter.

best,

Adi
Post this in the Cafe. This forum is, if you believe you have FOUND a bug

mike
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics