Capture creates 100gb file

Posted by Caroline Burman 
Capture creates 100gb file
January 30, 2004 08:34AM
Has anyone else experienced capture esc not working and then FCP creating a file which eats up all your remaining drive. In my case it made a file 100gb!!!
I am using FCP 4.1.1, a DCR-TRV60E Sony digi camera as device via firewire!!
Is it camera compatibility? Does anyone else use this camera. I have neve had the problem before using this camera (have had it 6 months)

System - G5 Dual processor, OSX 3,
Re: Capture creates 100gb file
January 30, 2004 11:52AM
Caroline, if it's answers you want, please post this at cafe LA, another forum here at lafcpug.
This forum is for reporting Bugs.

Nick
Ok, new to the site. Thanks
March 07, 2004 05:43PM
Kindly disagree. I think this is a bug and this is the place for it.

Having a similar problem capturing from tape (Digi, SP and DV, all through professional Sony decks) to a 7200 rpm firewire drive using ProMAX+ Converter to Kona SD card using photo JPEG codec.

On batch capture FCP fails to recognize end of clip. Spinning color wheel; esc and force quit unavailabe; must do hard reboot. On restart, FCP has placed a series of 20 to 30 corrupt 2.99 GB files, that fill up the remaining drive space.

Have not had this problem when capturing to 10,000 rpm scsi array, though. Could be with firewire.
March 08, 2004 01:48AM
Hi
I still get the same problem using the sony DSR11 when capturing. The good thing is it does not happen very regularly and as I am aware of the problem, i delete the files once rebooted and start again.
Think it is a bug, have been in touch with apple but to date have not solution.
I've got a couple of labs of Final Cut's and they all occassionally make this massive file.

I beleive it's a bug.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics