Media Manager Weirdness(bug?) during Consolidation

Posted by cseeman 
Using FCP 4.11. Took 2 hours of video and created a sequence cut down to 18 minutes. Selected Sequence in Browser (did Not make clips independent in sequence). Selected Media Manager, Use existing, include render files, delete unused media, use handles 5 seconds, base medai on existing file names.

A few minutes later I have an 18 minute sequence.

First Weirdness
Audio Channel 2 on some (maybe 20% of the clips) clips show out of sync numbers. All the audio was linked "stereo" (actually two track mono). The both audio channels are actually in sync and can be confirmed as in sync when I do a match frame. The end result is only a "cosmetic" display since all clips are actually in sync. Just to clarify on a small number of clips FCP shows a out of sync red offset on channel two yet these are in sync and play properly. Any explanation?

Second Weirdness
Some clips show as sub clips and some don't. When I do a "select all" on the media in the timeline and drag it to the Browser, some clips appear as subclips and others as master clips. Any explanation?

Third Weirdenss
Some subclips have no audio. Some of the subclips (those that correspond with the red out of sync indicators in the timeline) don't have audio. In these cases they show NO audio although the corresponding clip in the sequence "shows" channel 2 out of sync but plays fine. When I drag the clips from timeline to browser those clips don't have audio. However if I match frame the clip and drag from the viewer, the resulting clip does have audio. So even fixing these sublips isn't that onerous. It is strange though, Any explanation?

Just to clarify. All my clips in the sequence are functional and in sync despite the "false" red indicator on a few of the clips. Such as that is, my work is not impeded. A minor problem I may have to contend with is that when I draged the clips from timeline to browser, some clips don't have audio.

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.
Its a real bug: the same happened to me
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics