subtitle over subtitle

Posted by Rich 
subtitle over subtitle
March 01, 2004 11:05AM
I just finished a training manual for DVDSP 2 and it was hard but fun at the end. I have a G4 dual 1gig 1.5 gig ram OSX10.2.6 400gig storage FCP4.1 DVDSP2. When I created subtitles thru the tutorials and placed them on a 16x9 image and played them I would get an image under the subtitle when I placed them half on the video and half on the black background border. For example, the first subtitle would play fine but when the next subtitle would appear the first sub would stay on the screen under the next sub. This image appeared to be layered with the playing sub on the first layer the video on the second layer, the previous sub half covered by the video and half exposed on the black border area. When I moved the subtitle up entirely on the video the problem disappeared. Whenever I placed the subtitles on the black border the problem came back. When I stopped and restarted the track, the problem cleared but came back after the first sub played and the next sub appeared. To repeat this, create a project with 16x9 ratio, create a subtitle stream with 2 or more subtitles, place the subtitle stream half on the video and half on the black border and it should repeat the problem. Thanks
Re: subtitle over subtitle
March 10, 2004 11:06PM
I will try this, but I'm wondering, is your 16X9 mask created by a filter, or by cropping the image to 16 X 9? I wonder if and how that affects rendering.

Hm.

- Loren
Today's FCP4 keytip:
Open a bin in its own tab with Option-Enter!

The FCP4 KeyGuide? is the most affordable power tool you'll ever own.
Now available at
www.neotrondesign.com
Re: subtitle over subtitle
March 11, 2004 08:01PM
The 16x9 is a preference feature that is a check box selected in DVDSP 2 for creating the project. I don't think the project was originally shot in 16x9.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics