EUROSTILE Font issues

Posted by Trane DePriest 
EUROSTILE Font issues
May 13, 2004 12:26PM
SPECS: APPLE G5 Dual Processors, Panther 10.3.3. FCP HD 4.5, max RAM. PROBLEM: Rendering PC Truetype Eurostile Extended #2 and Eurostile Extended #2 Bold with title3d.

Font appears in style menu, and displays in title3d window, but when I click Apply, no characters appear at all.

The font is not available in Mac Truetype, but the FCP help says it should work fine.

However, font works fine in LiveType, and Every other application... only in FCP HD is there a problem.

PLEASE HELP!
I don't think Boris supports "the other platform" TrueType internally, however I would strongly recommend checking with their Technical Support people to confirm. IOW I *think* Boris supports Mac Truetype and Postscript on Mac; PC TrueType and Postscript on PC.

LiveType, being a Cocoa App picks up the OS-level font support and is far more forgiving.

Cheers
Re: EUROSTILE Font issues
May 14, 2004 08:21AM
When I met Phillip in '02 I had to ask him how on earth he could remember all this stuff..
It still amazes me!
Hello, Philip, nice to see you here, hope you're well

Apologies for thread wander,
Nick
It's easy to remember this stuff when you don't fill the mind with anything else. On sports, cars, and dozens of other topics I am totally without a clue smiling smiley

Nice to hear from you Nick. I drop in here from time to time, usually with a prompt from Michael.

Cheers

Philip
dee
August 16, 2004 12:54PM
I am working in illustratorcs on a pc...does anyone know how to make eurostyle type italic or bold...etc
PLEASE HELP
Thank You!

August 16, 2004 03:01PM
This forum is for reporting bugs in Final Cut Pro. You should ask this question over at one of the Adobe forums at Adobe.com
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics