FCP HD & Favorites - Again

Posted by Dennis Csillag 
Dennis Csillag
FCP HD & Favorites - Again
May 30, 2004 11:45AM
Here's more specific information on a problem with FCP HD & Favorites.
Duplicated the problem on 2 different machines. Tried trashing the preferences and that did not help.

Working in FCP HD, customize a transition and save it as a Favorite Effect from the menu "Make Favorite Effect." Once you do this, you can no longer apply any of your favorite effects using the menu. Only drag and drop works. If you quit the application and re-launch, applying favorite effects from the menu works again until you save another favorite.

Dennis Csillag
You've seen this right Dennis?

Final Cut Pro HD 4.5: "Make Favorite Motion" not available
[www.info.apple.com]
Learn what to do if the Make Favorite Motion command is dimmed in the Effects menu in Final Cut Pro HD.
Dennis Csillag
Re: FCP HD & Favorites - Again
June 04, 2004 07:29PM
Thanks Michael. Yes, I've seen it.

But this problem is with favorite effects, not motions.
Now confirmed on 5 different FCP HD systems.

Dennis
Hello all -
Glad to have found someone else experiencing the same "favorites" problem.

Since adding Panther OS and going from FCP4 to FCPHD (Academic), when I create my favorite dissolve (for example) it's in the "Effects" folder, but it won't go to my sequence when using the "Effects" pull-down menu.
I must point-click-drag the fav from the "Effects" folder to the SEQ timeline.
So far, it's easier to change the time value of the cross dissolve and then repeat the steps with the "Last - Cross Dissolve" item in "Effects" pull-down.

Another new, quirky issue is when adding an "Overwrite" clip into the SEQ.
It now will frequently repeat the clip, back-to-back, causing me to delete one of the clips.

Any help would be appreciated!

BTW - I'm using a Mac dual 1GHz PowerPC G4, 1MB L3 cache per processor, 2GB DDRSDRAM, OS 10.3.4.

Thank you,
Eric F. Scholl
OSU- Center for Health Sciences

I've never seen the double clip problem on any machine. How exactly are you executing the Overwrite?

All the best,

Tom
I've been running into this problem lately, pretty sure it started with HD but I'm not entirely sure, I chalked it up to overeager fingers but it was happening so often that I began to wonder.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics