Batch Capture creates wrong Timecode

Posted by Chris Davies 
Does anybody know about this issue??

I've been batch capturing 24P footage (without pulldown) shot with Panasonic DVX100's and as the Batch Capture gets further into the tape the timecode in the captured footage drifts farther and farther from what is on tape.

Is this a bug? Am I doing something wrong with the 24P material?

For instance, a clip that was captured about 30 minutes into the tape has a timecode discrepency of about 5 minutes relative to what the deck displays for the same footage.

As usual this project is urgent so I'd be very grateful for help!!!

FCP HD
500 MHz DP
576 MB ram

Chris Davies
Image X Media
Post this on the DV Camcorder forum at 2-pop. Thats where all the DVX users hang out. If you indeed find it to be a bug report back to us.

[www.uemforums.com]

mike
I've been experiencing a similar problem but with 60i DVCam footage on FCP3... when I log a clip the timecode that is logged is about 40 secs off (later) than the actual timecode I entered in the log and capture window.

Anybody have any idea what may be causing this?

Thanks.
Three months late, but this just happened to me as well - anyone still need info on this?

This will only apply (I *think*) to you if you get a "breaks in the timecode" message after you finish capturing.

I found that if the timecode (TC) is not consistent throughout the tape, and you capture through the TC discrepencies, the timecode at later points in the captured video will be relative to the TC where you started capturing, and will not be the actual TC on the tape.

EXAMPLE 1: there's breaks in the tape between shots, where there's no timecode at all. you set FCP to record through these breaks. on the tape, if there's a break in timecode, the next shot will start at 00:00:00;00. but on your system, the timecode at that point will not say zero, will instead say a TC relative to the point you started capturing at.

EXAMPLE: our footage was shot on 3 cameras using external TC generators. so wherever the tape stops rolling, the external TCGEN keeps going. So when the camera starts rolling again the TC starts at a later number. Trying to capture the entire tape from this was frustrating, because the timecode of captured material was not the correct timecode. It was always at a linear point in time relative to the TC at the in point of the capture.

SOLUTION: go to user prefs. go to where it says "On timecode break:". the default setting is "warn after capture". change this setting to "make new clip". this will take much longer to capture, but the TC will be correct.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics