Raw Video Files Disappearing

Posted by Tim Hanlon 
Raw Video Files Disappearing
August 16, 2004 12:48PM
I was working on Livetype and moving back and forth between that and FCPHD. At one point it told me a number of files, both video and some audio had gone offline. I couldn't reconnect them because they had completely disappeared. (I gained over 30 gig of space on one of my 250 gigs hardrive!) Had to recapture all the raw video.
Figured it might have been something I accidently deleted...the background video in Livetype. But it happened again the following day. Luckily, I only needed to recapture a half hour of raw video files.
I did do a disc...repair. and also stopped exporting clips from FCP to Livetype. Did not have the problem again...but it's only been half a day.
Anyone else suffer through this unfortunate scenario? Any thoughts?
Thanks,
TH

Re: Raw Video Files Disappearing
October 11, 2004 09:40AM
There have been many -- FAR too many -- reports of FCPHD causing files to simply and irretrievably disappear from some users' drives.
There are no explanations nor are there any fixes.
The files are gone.
Forever.
It suggests that FCPHD is manipulating something at the OS level that no application should be allowed to touch but Apple isn't talking.

Over on the Apple FCPHD forum, a film school student is trying a new version of the "My dog ate my floppy disk," in an attempt to blame Apple for his poor grade. FCHD ate most of his files.

On the list of Really Awful Crap that FCPHD has done to us, this one is really weird. There's nothing we can do about it except maintain complete backups for mission critical work.

bogiesan
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics