dvr-103 compatability

Posted by Sean 
dvr-103 compatability
August 27, 2003 02:01AM
Hi All

I have a G4 800 without superdrive. I recently bought a littlel- used pioneer dvr-103 (same as one that came in the earlier quicksilvers)and installed into machine. With this drive, I can make VCD's fine, but keep getting errors when trying to make dvd in DVD SP 1.5.2 which i also bought. Have seen some notes on compatibilty problems. Can anyone help me on this? Many thanks.
TD
Re: dvr-103 compatability
August 27, 2003 05:11AM
Sean,

I'm running a 450Mhz G4 896MB RAM. I installed a Pioneer A-103. I've had no problems yet with making DVDs with DVDSP 1.5. Though I must admit that I only build the DVDs with SP. I use Toast Titanium 5.2 to burn them. This is a lot less time consuming when you are making multiple copies of the same DVD.

TD
August 27, 2003 08:25AM
Hi TD

Thanks for the post. You say you are only biulding dvd's in SP. Why are you not burning straight through SP. Is there a reason besides the fact that you need multiple copies, that you use Toast?
Thanks
August 27, 2003 11:32AM
What are the exact error messages?
/jason/
August 27, 2003 02:09PM
Hi Jason
I am getting a media error: medium
I must add that I am trying for the first time with this and that I am using a Verbatim DVD-RW disc. Could it be that the medium (DVD-RW) is incorrect, as I have read before that this drive is meant for DVD-R only? As far as I know, this drive should write to both media.
many thanks

sean
August 27, 2003 03:09PM
Have you tried using other media? Maybe an Apple DVD-R?
/jason/
August 27, 2003 03:10PM
Also I cant remember the write speed cmpatibility of the 103.
August 27, 2003 05:37PM
DVDSP does not support DVD-RW media - only DVD-R. I can not say the same about Toast, but I think it will support DVD-RW disks.
TD
August 27, 2003 08:30PM
Sean,

Yes, I have used SP to burn disc. But normamly I like to run the program on my Apple DVD player, to ensure everything works right.

On of my first attempts to burn a disc, I also tried to use a DVD-RW. Didn't work, and I can't remeber the error message it gave. As for Toast. It claims to support DVD-RW, but I've had no luck with it yet.

I believe the 103 drives are 1x.

TD
August 28, 2003 04:51AM
Thanks for your input Jason and John
No I have not tried the Apple DVD-R discs yet, but will tonight.
Funnily, I got the same error using Toast and DVDSP 1.5. and I was only trying to write at 1x, as this is required for this drive.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics