Spinning Beach Ball

Posted by Mitch 
Spinning Beach Ball
September 04, 2003 09:38PM
From FCP 4.02 I exported using compressor 5 sequences. I can import all 5 sequences into DVDSP 2 assets fine, but only one sequence works when I drag it to a drop zone.

The other sequences freeze DVDSP2 with the spinning beach ball when I drag them into a drop zone.

Any thoughts on why one sequence works fine and the other 4 sequences lock up the program? Is this an FCP/Compressor problem? Or a DVDSP issue? Any way to test the integrity of a M2V file?

Thanks for any help.

Mitch
Re: Spinning Beach Ball
September 05, 2003 09:38AM
I test the m2v files simply by opening them in QuickTime. I don't know if 6.3 does this by default, since I have been using the MPEG-2 playback module since it was first available. If you can't view it in QuickTime 6.3, try the playback module.

I would assume another way to test would be to just import all 5 of the files with audio, throw them into a track asset and simulate each one.

The software is still so new, it's hard to say or even guess at this time.
Re: Spinning Beach Ball
September 05, 2003 10:47AM
I've reintsalled the DVDSDP 2 software and now nothing I import will work!! Everything freezes the software. Tried repairing priveldges too.

I trashed preferences DVDSP and compressor and that didn't fix it.

But I just trashed my compressor presets (which I had customized months ago - mainly for 24P material) and now I'm working with the default presets for compressor and the first new M2V file is working in DVDSP. I'm compressing the others now.

So this may have been a compressor issue since my presets were altered months ago.

Lost a whole day with this!!!

Mitch
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics