Joining Multiple M2V files in a track

Posted by Mitch 
Joining Multiple M2V files in a track
September 11, 2003 09:09AM
I'm going to test this out in the next few days but I thought I'd post to find out if anyone knows the answer:

In DVDSP 2 you can place multiple M2V files on a track one after another. Not as angles, but as seperate M2V files that play sequentially.

Has anyone done this and if so does it playback without a glitch or slight freeze? I'm hoping for seamless playback.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Mitch
You can join two together on the same track, indeed.

As for any artifacts, I would take the end of the first part and the beginning of the 2nd part, export them separately and join them in dvdsp2. then test burn it. You will have a great idea as to what you are about to see.

-Alex
As a follow up - joining M2V files in DVDSP 2 works great! No glitches or freeze frames.

This is really good news for the following scenario:

Let's say your working on a 2 hour project, be it a doc or a feature film. Often you'll be working with the plan to have a screening on a certain night. Usually you'll be working with the director or producer up until a few hours before the screening when you have to stop and make a tape and then off you go to the screening room with the tape.

But what do you do if they want to sceen with a DVD and not a tape? VHS looks awful and with BETA you have a 90 minute limit so you wind up on 2 tapes. But to make a DVD - we're talking about 6-8 hours of time so that pretty much kills working on the day of the screening.

Well, now you can break your assembly into 10 minute chunks and the night before the screening use compressor to generate all the M2V files overnight. The next day you can work with the director or the producer for a half a day and then just remake the M2V files for the ten minute chunks that you made changes on.

Now you can generate your AIFF files, run APACK (this is relatively quick) join everything up in DVDSP and burn the disc in time for a screening.

The only problem here is if in that last 1/2 day of editing before the sceening, if you make changes to too many of the ten minute segments you have to spend more time remaking more M2V files. But usually, changes made the day of a screening are not going to be across the board. It will usually be limited to 2 or 3 areas of the assembly.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics