anyone using DVDSP2 successfully that had issues with iDVD3?

Posted by Craig 
Hi,
I would like to know if there is anyone using DVDSP2 successfully that had worked with iDVD3 and had issues?
Thank you
Hi Craig,

My sucess burn rate with iDVD 3 was about 20%.

With SP 2 it is 100%.

--ken
I burned a relatively simple DVD using one video track, with one menu and one button (Play). I identified the "First Play" as the menu. I tested the disc on five DVD players and it was only recognized by three of them. The two that did not recognize the disk indicated that a DVD had been loaded, but failed to bring up the menu. What has me perplexed is that I then burned the same material onto a DVD using iDVD 3 and the disc worked on all five of the DVD players! Is it possible that the lower level program, iDVD, produces more generally compatible DVDs than the higher end program?

I raised this problem to Apple's technical support and they had no answer. Their response was, essentially, "well, that's just the way it is." It seems to me that there has to be some software-related technical reason for the problem I experienced. I am interested in knowing whether anyone has had a similar experience and whether anyone has any suggestions.

Mike
H Mike,

This might depend on the burn rate, age of the DVD players, brand of media and your encode settings.

--ken
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics