Subtitle Question

Posted by Patrick 
Subtitle Question
September 15, 2003 07:48AM
Is ispossible to modify the starting time code of an MPG so that it matches a transcript and subtitles? Either a way to set it before encoding or a software that will let you modify it. The subtitle editor in earlier versions of DVDSP had a ripple feature which is missing in 2.

Thanks for any help,

Patrick
Re: Subtitle Question
September 15, 2003 10:25AM
I started to play around with the start time code property, but I guess the most obvious answer is; Why not add a chapter marker exactly where you want to start and set that as the defined target of play rather than the default [track] variable.

I'll look into directly setting the time code anyway, but I am just curious if there is a reason setting a chapter marker wouldn't work for you or is it just an oversight?

Thanks,

-Alex
September 16, 2003 09:08AM
Although the black compresses down to nothing, the disc space is an issue on this project is tight to say the least. There is also a lot of seperate mpgs which would each need their own header of black due to seperate transcripts/subtitle files. I would like to be able to simply import the multiple languages for each mpg.

If nothing else pops up I'll be cutting content and using the method you suggested.

Thanks for the help,

Patrick
September 16, 2003 09:34AM
I'll play with that. I tried several ways to alter it with no success yet. Let me look into it today when I get home later and report back.
September 30, 2003 07:53PM
You can change the Timecode of an MPEG before you encode in Compressor, in the QT MPEG Encoder, and even when background encoding within SP2.

If you're using Compressor, you will need to modify your preset. Go to the Encoder tab at the bottom of the Presets window, and look at the bottom of the Video Format section. There is a checkbox to Choose Start Timecode. Check it, then set the timecode.

I recommend making a Duplicate of the preset before modifying it.

There are similar settings in the QT MPEG Encoder and the DVDSP2 Encoding Preferences.

Hope this helps,
Jeff
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics