menu loops?

Posted by cKyle 
menu loops?
September 17, 2003 06:37PM
On DVD Studio Pro 1.5 I have motion menus that loop. Is it possible to have whatever button is highlighted to continue to be highlighted when the menu starts over at the begining of the loop? Currently whatever button is highlighted is set to the menu default when the loop action occurs. Is there a solution to this? Is this even possible? I'm on Mac OS X with a Dual GigaHertz G4.
Re: menu loops?
September 18, 2003 11:13AM
I am a little unclear of what you are trying to accomplish.

""Is it possible to have whatever button is highlighted to continue to be highlighted when the menu starts over at the begining of the loop?""

""Currently whatever button is highlighted is set to the menu default when the loop action occurs""

You are asking, I believe, if the default highlight button can be left highlighted while the motion menu loops but currently the highlighted button is set to default?
HUH????

The purpose of the default highlight for the, lets say PLAY button on the main menu is to allow you to click it at any time to jump to the main track(s). You might then return to that main menu when finished playing the main track(s) and the default button should still be highlighted.
September 18, 2003 12:08PM
Don't worry about it. It's kinda complicated. But I did already get my answer from one of the many other boards that I posted the same message on where they all understood exactly what I was talking about. Thanks for trying and may God continue to bless the USA.
September 18, 2003 06:52PM
So... what was the answer? Or where might we find it?
September 19, 2003 09:31AM
Leave the default button pull down menu not set. Whatever button is highlighted continues to be highlighted after the looping action. If you need a certain button highlighted when the user navigates to that menu, just use a simple "play Button X of Menu Z" script.
September 22, 2003 09:50PM
There is another use for this setting as well. When someone chooses a menu item and decides to go back by hitting the main menu button, this setting it will make it so they return to the menu item they came from. This method will work as long as you are not dealing with sub-menu's. Basically, it's always good to choose "not set".
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics