powerbook compilation

Posted by Sean 
powerbook compilation
September 30, 2003 07:14AM
Hi Guys
I have a G4 Powermac with dvdsp 1.5.2
Is it possible to put this software on a powerbook (new one) without a superdrive but dvd rom, and do all my DVD compilations and just export the video_TS and audio_TS files to the bigger machine with a superdrive, to burn? Is this feasible? thanks
Re: powerbook compilation
September 30, 2003 10:10AM
Yes, it should work fine for you.
September 30, 2003 02:24PM
thanks Steve. You have helped me with a decision.

So if I used the powerbook on location, basically I can do all my FCP logging and export all info, fcp/dvdsp to the bigger machine for capturing and dvd compilation without a chance of corruption if I transfer through FW from one machine to another?

thanks
sean
September 30, 2003 02:36PM
Sure. It's easy and keeps you working when you can't lug around a PowerMac and monitor. You can do everything on your PowerBook except burn the actual DVD (unless you buy one of the new PowerBooks with the superdrive). The big advantages for the PowerMac are processor speed and RAM.

Logging, importing, editing, building the DVD all take the same time on the PB as the PM. The big differences are in rt effects, rendering and encoding.
September 30, 2003 02:36PM

without a chance of corruption

Right up 'till there you were doing fine. There's always a chance for corruption. But probably the most you would have to do is retransfer any problem areas. I run both FCP4 and DVD SP2 on both my 17" powerbook and my G4 733 and use whatever's the most convenient. I synch them via firewire either directly or with a firewire drive.

Sometimes I've run into a problem but it is rare and can always be fixed.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics